We all seemed to wake up super tired this morning. Jason and I were up late watching a movie so that explains our fatigue, however, the little ones went to bed promptly at 8pm and slept until almost 9am so I don't know what their excuse was! Mady turned into "Miserable Mady" by around 10am, which leads me to believe that she still desperately needs a morning nap, even if only for half an hour. Selfishly I have been trying to wean her away from her morning nap so that I would be able to leave the house and get things done earlier rather than later. However, I think for everyone's well being our Little Miss still needs some snooze time in the AM. Jake was dragging as well by 10:00 and seemed content just hanging around the house today. Which is basically what we did.
I have to admit I was getting a little stressed out at first when my plans for the day seemed to be going out the window. I had a list of chores I wanted to do and errands that "needed" to be run and I was less than pleased at the notion of these things not getting accomplished. I was feeling tense and had the mindset that the success of my day depended on crossing everything off my LIST (my loving husband has almost daily laughs about my ever present lists!), when I heard a very sweet sound coming from downstairs. Jake and Mady had their toy instruments out and were singing (well Mady was just yelling along) with their daddy, "Jesus Love Me". I started laughing outloud because it was the perfect reminder that I needed right at that instant. The Lord used this little moment of Jason singing with our kids to let me know what REALLY matters. My "to do" lists are not what matters. Spending time with my beautiful children and amazing husband while he works on instilling a love for Jesus in them is what matters! Thank you God for opening my eyes yet again!
With that said, the "to do" list was pretty much put on hold for the day (minus a few essential things) and we embraced a day at home, having fun as Team G. We spent some more time singing and dancing with the kiddos, baking cookies and making homemade pizza (yummy). Jake is becoming such a great little helper and he just loves to be involved in whatever it is that we're doing, although he particularly loves having a hand in the cookie baking process. Mady seemed to thoroughly enjoy sampling her first chocolate chips and of course she had no objections to eating pizza for dinner (the girl likes pizza, but who can blame her). It was refreshing to see how these simple things in life can make our kids so happy.
Most importantly, I feel that this day gave me a chance to reflect on why I do what I do. It is not for the mere fact that I like having a clean house, or cooking and baking or whatever else it might be. I do these things as a way to serve my family because that is what the Lord has called me to do and it is glorifying to Him!
I love your pictures - sounds like it turned into a great day
ReplyDeleteThanks for your godly example of being a wife and mother. You are glorifying God. I appreciate your humility.
ReplyDelete