The Goodsell Family Blog

Reflecting on the day to day joys of raising our family

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day Party


A few days ago our playgroup had a really fun party for Valentine's Day. We had a great time making crafts, decorating cookies, sharing lunch together and learning about God's love for us. I think all of the kids had a great time...I know Jake certainly did because he has been talking about all the fun he had for the past few days. I'm so glad our little ones had this time to spend together and I look forward to more fun times to come! Here are some pictures of the preparations the day before and of course from the party. Enjoy!



Trying out some of cookies that we baked.

This one cracks me up because of Jake's expression and he look like he has a mohawk.


Jake was quite the big helper with all of the baking.





Mady did a pretty good job entertaining herself...and I had to snap a few of her!

Love those cheeks!

Yes, it's true she can stand on her own...she just doesn't choose to do it very often. She prefers to be carried by her momma I think.

We were also busy making cupcakes.

And sampling the batter...yes raw eggs and all, but I did it as a kid too.




Now for the party...

Here are the boys learning John 3:16

Listening to 6 year-old William explain the verse...it was very sweet.



Little Andrew listening very nicely to his mommy.

Here's the craft the kids made...I love handprints (even messy ones) and I think they made a nice keepsake.


Eating a yummy lunch of mac and cheese and pigs in a blanket.


Here they are eating the cupcakes...yummy!

Nathan and mommy

Mommy and her oldest boy...so sweet.

Look at all of those boys!


The moms and their boys.


Decorating cookies


Of course they had to try a few cookies while they were decorating!





What cookies look like when 2 1/2 year-olds decorate them.

I was able to salvage a few.

My little guy...I love him so much!

Mady slept through most of the party so I let her decorate some cookies later on...and she loved it!!

She didn't mind eating one either.

These two drive each other crazy on a daily basis...but in the end they really do adore one another!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a great party. Megan-you did a fabulous job planning and hosting it! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete