The Goodsell Family Blog

Reflecting on the day to day joys of raising our family

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Daddy Dolls

Before Jason left for his deployment I spent a little time researching ideas that would help the kids cope with daddy being away. One of my favorite ideas was something called a "daddy doll". Basically, they're just a really simple doll (more of a pillow really) with a picture of daddy on it. We decided to make our own daddy dolls instead of buying them and I think they turned out pretty well. Jake and Mady both like to keep their daddy dolls with them during the day and especially at bedtime. I'm so glad that they seem to be a comfort to them since they both miss their daddy so much.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, What a great Idea....when can I get a "brother" doll??? :)

    Give loves to my Nephews and Niece....

    Aunt Erin

    ReplyDelete