We have been meaning to plant a vegetable garden since we moved and now we have finally gotten around to it. At our old house we made a raised bed vegetable garden and it worked out great...so we decided to do that again in this house. My super handy husband built the bed in about 20 minutes the other night and then today we planted our veggies. Mady had tons of fun playing in the dirt and Jake helped out for a few minutes before he wanted to play with his trains...he came back out when it was all done so he could be in the picture though :-) We planted roma and cherry tomatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, eggplant, and several different herbs. Hopefully everything grows nicely and we'll be stocked up on produce for the season!
Getting started on the garden.
Looking for something to do...or some trouble to get into.
Look closely and you'll see Jake hanging out inside while he watches Mady help with the garden.
Taking a break.
Finally realizing that playing with a pile of dirt and a big shovel was more fun than sitting inside!
Trying with all his might to break open that bag of soil...I don't think he ever got it open but he sure did try.
Mady was so happy to play in the soil.
The gardeners showing off their dirty hands.
Coming after mommy :-)
Our little garden.
your garden looks great! Mine started out slow (I think because its been so cold) but is now taking off. I have several blooms on my tomato plants and everything is else is getting bigger too!
ReplyDeleteYeah! Good for you! We are so excited about ours too. Its so fun to go out each day and watch how much they have grown. Egglpant...that's one I forgot!
ReplyDeleteI love Mady's dirty little hands. I can see so much of Jason in her.
ReplyDelete<3 you guys..can't wait to see the kiddos again!
Heather